Technical Designer New York, NY
Position Summary: We are looking for a talented Technical Designer to assist our Design team in our New York Showroom. In this role, you will work directly with our design staff to help bring projects to life efficiently and effectively. Working in partnership with the internal team, you will be responsible for assisting the designer in a client facing role, managing the project from inception to final delivery, keeping key partners updated on a daily basis. You will be working in AutoCAD to create, modify and release drawings as required, including clients, architects and designers. Your role is critical to the success of our business and an integral part of our ability to exceed our customers’ expectations via effective communication and daily management of the project plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Designer to measure and plan job site spaces, then use AutoCAD to draft cabinetry floor plans and elevations, adding all relevant information to current drawings. Plot drawings and file on Christopher Peacock Home network
- Attend client meetings in showroom and on site with Designer
- Work closely with order processing department in the factory to ensure that the drawings are accurate, and create Excel based factory orders
- Meet delivery of cabinetry: ensuring accuracy of delivery as unloaded and help unload cabinetry
- Review project with Installation and Fitting teams prior to the star of work
- Organize and maintain work schedule and payments with Installation and Finishing teams
- Must work quickly and with accuracy, be highly organized and flexible
- Ability to self-check own work for completeness and accuracy, meeting standards
- May be responsible for some design elements
- Work from drawings, sketches or scanned images, customer drawings, or specifications
- Will use the accepted drawing standards as guidelines
- Liaise with clients, general contractor, or representative to ensure understanding for all parties, coordinate schedules, and to execute an efficient installation
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of kitchen design and project management experience preferred.
- A design related (Associates or Bachelor’s) college degree preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of construction drawings and blueprints
- Knowledge of city buildings
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and hand drafting principles, practices, methods and techniques; basic cabinetry knowledge
Ability to demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication; read and interpret drawings; prepare accurate detailed drawings using information from Designers; operate computer using standard drafting software packages, plotters; develop AutoCAD for design projects; maintain complete, readily accessible files and records of drawings; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and outside vendors
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Must present in a professional and expert manner
- Basic knowledge of residential construction
- Identifying problems, analyze information, and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options, solve problems and implement solutions
- Must be able to make decisions and work independently
- Knowledgeable of kitchen design and cabinetry construction
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be pro-active with good problem solving skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must be willing to travel
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, a dynamic work environment, and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.