We are looking for a talented Design Assistant to work closely with our Senior Designer in our San Francisco showroom. In this role, you will assist with the upkeep of the showroom, create, modify, and release drawings in AutoCAD, take measurements at job sites, and accept deliveries all while ensuring an exemplary client experience. Your role is critical to the success of our business and is an integral part of our ability to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet walk-in clients, identify the nature of visit, offer beverages and a walk through the showroom
- Coordinate events and event planning with outside vendors, ordering necessary food and beverages, coordinating with building, tipping, etc.
- Answer all phone calls, refer to appropriate staff and take messages
- Manage stock of brochures and sales tools
- Work independently to interpret drawings, sketches, scanned images, customer drawings or specifications to accurately create AutoCAD drawings by drafting various CPH custom cabinetry floor plans and elevations, and apply necessary technical details with accuracy, plot drawings, and file on CPH network
- Responsible for cross referencing and accurately making changes between plans and elevations
- Use accepted CPH drawing standards as guidelines, but will regularly need to deviate from standards based on instructions from Designers and/or clients’ needs and special requirements
- Responsible for assisting Designer and Technical Designer on all planning and organizing all aspects of projects; which includes completing PDV checklists and accepting deliveries (may include lifting/moving panels and cabinetry), scheduling and meeting deadlines, and following established company policy and procedures
- Maintain good communication with site personnel, subcontractors, CPH project design team, and WV factory, including any foreseen issues prior to a delivery and/or during delivery
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the Designer, Technical Designer, subcontractors, and project team to keep all informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Responsible for ordering of hoods
- Develop a relationship with head office and all necessary departments (HR, Finance, other showrooms, etc.)
- Must work quickly and with accuracy, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Work closely with order processing department in the factory to ensure that the drawings are accurate
- Create Excel based factory orders with accuracy; attend fitting meetings; correct drawings and orders; e-mail order documents to factory; respond to "package queries" generated by the factory
- Generate "work requests" as work is in progress, complete contract request forms, delivery quotes, and delivery date change request forms
- Review the Operations Schedule weekly and as necessary
- Complete and submit Subcontractor POs and other required paperwork, when necessary
- Utilize CPH specification book to accurately price custom jobs (i.e. cabinetry, hardware, lighting, metal or wood hoods, panels, moldings, accessories, wooden countertops, etc.), which will vary based on client needs and Designer specifications, for initial presentations and contract
- Self-check own work for completeness and accuracy, meeting custom CPH standards
- Responsible for ensuring that CPH standards, procedures, and technical details are followed by all parties
- Maintain and order showroom supplies (which includes light bulbs, paper, office supplies, etc.)
- Ensure internal office/showroom appearance is welcoming, neat, and tidy; which may include unpacking, moving, and/or discarding boxes, organizing and filing, removing old office furniture or trash, and rearranging furniture, file cabinets, etc.
- Put the company’s interests first and foremost and to represent it well in daily attire, image, and attitude
- Help cultivate a positive atmosphere and perform as part of a team in the department with the common goal of completing work and meeting all deadlines
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in design related area
- 1-2 years of previous kitchen design experience
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and architectural plans; prepare accurate detailed drawings using information from Designers; operate computer using standard drafting software packages, plotters; develop AutoCAD drawings for design projects; maintain complete, readily accessible files and records of drawings, while saving files often and regularly
- Knowledge of hand drafting principles, practices, methods and techniques; basic cabinetry and construction knowledge
- Must be able to quickly and easily adapt to ongoing changes and modifications with designs, based on client needs
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid ability to collaborate with Designers, Project Management, and Technical Design team members
- Basic knowledge of residential construction
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be pro-active with good problem solving skills
- Must be highly organized, flexible/adaptable, and a self–starter
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage numerous projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Must present in a professional and expert manner
- Must be punctual and reliable
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, paid time off, a dynamic work environment, and more. For more information about our company, click here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please send your resume to email@example.com if interested in applying for this position.